Sunday, July 26, 2009

Milestones



John and I are celebrating 17 years of marriage today.  Yeah!!  Every year John sends me a rose for every year of marriage.  The tradition started with the gift of a beautiful vase that we have now outgrown. 17 years...wow.  That's a lot of roses!!  We were planning on stealing away for some camping and hiking for the weekend near Wenatchee, but John threw his back out and we ended up postponing the adventure until he could walk (an important part of hiking).   

Another important event - it seems that we have found Megan a horse.  After years and years of pleading, crying and begging we have finally made the leap (excuse the pun).  So it seems that in addition the all the kids I'm hauling around - I will learn how to haul a horse around, too!!  Her name is Rosie and she is a beautiful Red roan and seems to have enough spunk to keep our spunky Megan busy.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the BLOG world! :)

    OK Now i know why i haven't seen much of you this summer. Your family have been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you started your blog. Now I can keep up with the busy Matheson gang. We miss you and are so excited to see you in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see we've lured you over to the "dark" side. So fun to see all of the cute pictures. I love Megan's horse, she's a beauty, I am sure you'll have lots of fun adventures! Can't wait to see you in just a couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete